The Weberhaus, or weavers’ house, was the guildhall of the weavers of Augsburg. The first structure on the site dated to 1389. It was used by the weavers until the guild was dissolved in 1548 after which it was puchased by the city. Between 1605 and 1607 the exterior received a series of frescos by Johann Matthias Kager. Unfortunately the original structure was demolished in 1913 and replaced with a building in a similar style (shown in the first stereoview). This too had decorated exterior walls by the artist August Brandes. The Weberhaus was destroyed along with much of Augsburg’s city centre during World War Two but both the building and its exterior decoration were reconstructed in 1959.