‘East across the Oudehaven with its shipping, its handsome bridges and roomy quays, Rotterdam, Holland’
Underwood & Underwood
The bridge shown in the stereoview was the Willembrug, or William Rail Bridge. It was opened in 1877 to carry rail freight in and out of Rotterdam, one of the largest ports in the world. It was demolished in 1994 and replaced with a tunnel. Rotterdam’s Oude Haven, the Old Port, developed out of wetlands in the mid 14th century.