This early stereoview from c.1865 shows the view south across Nuremberg. The Church of St. Sebaldus is in the foreground. Its great barn-like chancel was added between 1358 and 1379. At the end of the the chancel can be seen a long, Renaissance building, part of Nuremberg’s town hall added by Jakob Wolff in the early 17th century. In the distance are the towers of St. Lorenz’s Church. Everything shown was almost entirely destroyed in 1945 but at least the town hall and churches have since been reconstructed.