‘Speicherviertel im alten Königsberg’
The stereoview shows some of the spectacular timber-framed warehouses at Königsberg, the former capital of East Prussia. The warehouses were built between the 16th century and the beginning of the 18th century and were used to store goods brought by boat into the port. Most had individual names, like ‘Pelican’ and ‘Great Frederick’, and some had shops on the ground floor with storage areas above. The warehouses were all destroyed by air-raids in 1944.